In an attempt to revisit our youth, Jason and I began our campaign weeks ago to gather the masses and head to the much loved Flogging Molly show. I've never seen them and we hadn't been out together alone for more than an hour and half sans Screaming Child for, well, ever.
I sent the obligatory text message to every person I know with a pulse in the Salt Lake area in hopes of creating some kind of stir. In the end, Jason, Sam and I filled our belly with PBR and headed into the show. And enough rum to kill a horse...which it tried it's best to do...but never fear, we won that battle. Sorta.
As usual we couldn't get past the first ten feet without someone running up to Sam and screaming, how could you come to town and not call me. I wanted to scream back, do you really want to know the answer to that...I managed to hold my tongue.
A visit to the bar and we found our spot that would be homebase for the night. Once again...friends of Sam showed up and before the bands even started the alcohol had begun taking it's effect. Off I went in search of food. I don't think hot dogs are meant to be consumed that quickly.
Finally the local band (who's lead singer thought he was Elton John) removed themselves from the stage. Mayhem broke out and I couldnt' help but want to be a part of of it. After finding tracking Jason down, we head down the stairs to try to manage our way through the crowd to see how close we could get. This is my hidden talent. I put it on my resume when asked what my talent and abilities are, "fandangle my way through bonecrushing crowds"...usually it helps me get any job I apply for. Before the drunks who let us pass knew what they had done, we were up...IN FRONT of the barricade. I even had the security guard convinced that I should be allowed to bounce along between the barricade and stage. Talent folks. Talent.
Fast forward to the end of the show...pictures with Dennis Casey and his confession of watching me through the show. A man on the list of "men I would like to lick". I refrained...no point in upsetting the husband.
The next day...painful. What is it about a hangover that makes the heat even more unbearable? What a night. Sam ended up in Logan. Jason can't figure out where he got the battle wounds on his legs. I lost my credit card and drivers license...but gained the playlist from my admirer. Ah...the life.
We spent 6 1/2 hours on Sunday driving around with the Screaming Child and Sam and our realtor Kathy looking at houses. Lola must have sensed that mom and dad couldn't handle much, as she was an absolute angel. What a good child, putting up with us putting her in the car, and out, and in, and out. Saw some houses that made my love for a good paint job and hardwood floors just flourish. Saw some houses I could have ran screaming from, but my concern over the effect on Kathy that might have prevented me. Even saw one or two I could see myself cooking and cleaning in. Having friends over and LOVING saying, welcome to our home. And then I saw a few had a jackhammer been in my posession, I could have done wonders.
It's going to take some time, time which is not something I have. I fly to Spokane on Wednesday and the day after I return my nights will be owned by P. Mitchell, Hopefully "the house that is waiting to be found" is open on weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment