Wednesday, July 16, 2008

heading down the wrong path

Call me crazy...but this whole banks going under thing has me a bit concerned. I have to admit...I frantically thought..."I need to get all my money out of the bank!!" And then a moment passed and giggles took over my body as I realized, I have no money in the bank!

The nation is in an uproar and doing all they can to stay a float. People are losing their houses and life savings in a flash...and yet....yet people are lined up, camping out over nite, waiting for the release of the new fandangled IPhone. We are a sick sick nation.

And as if that wasn't enough...the almighty symbol of Americanism ...the KING of Beers...the beverage that was the vast majority of American adolescents first taste of sin has SOLD OUT. That's right folks...Anheisher Busch sold out this week to a Belgium/Brazilion company. And to put a little salt on that wound...this is a company notorious for lay-offs and shut downs. Never you fear, they promised they wouldn't close any of the 12 Budweiser breweries in the states. Oh yeah...I've heard that one before. Next thing we know Toyota is going to buy out Ford. And then what's next? What would be left for us to sell off?

The demise of a nation has begun and I can see no good in anything that has happened in the last few months. Obama himself has even stooped to pandering for votes from Republicans by getting involved with such issues as abortion and SELLING AN AMERICAN IDOL TO THE BELGIUMS. Not THAT American Idol, don't worry...we'll keep and hold that American Idol safe here in the states.

3 comments:

BIGMANlittleWORLD said...

OK, in budweiser's defense. It was somewhat of a hostile takeover. That being said, Stella and Becks are really the way to go, and Budweiser did steal their name from Budwar.

Also, don't worry about your money, it's insured so unless we have a depression like crash, in which your money in or out of the bank wouldn't do you good unless it was made of precious metal, you're fine.

It's your investments and retirement that are probably hurting real bad right now.

But yeah it's that same waiting for the Iphone commercial sick attitude that got our country in the state it is now. Don't blame the government, the banks or rich blokes smoking 'gars over Central Park. Blame the ordinary Joe who tried to keep up with Jones and bought way too much he could never afford, that's who to blame.

Fabster said...

I completely agree with bigmanlitteworld and couldn't have said it any better about the ordinary joe buy stuff he/she can't afford.

Anonymous said...

anonymous comments on my page...when did I become so popular?