Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Please Join Us!!!

(reposted from Lola's Carepage)

Jason and I spent the weekend processing and looking up as much information as we could about what the doctors have told us about Lola. We hope to hear more information soon to help ease our minds.

We have had so many people...family, friends and complete strangers, pray for Lola. For answers...for healing...for strength. And we know that it is because of those prayers, she continues to grow stronger and we get closer and closer each day to answers. We also know prayers come in many forms...knelt bedside, a glance upward or even just a good thought. We are truly blessed to have the support group we have and hope some day we can pay it all back.

This past Sunday, Jason and I and the kids had the chance to attend a Farewell Service for a young man who is leaving on a church mission. It's been a while since we've been to church, yet I'm pretty sure the speaker knew we were coming and directed the entire service towards us. We both teared up as a man spoke of Jesus healing the sick children and what it would be like to have that in our lives now.

We've been thinking a lot and knowing the hard path that is headed our way...we have decided to organize a Fast in honor of Lola. This coming Sunday, December 21st, anyone who wants to join us is welcome! Don't be scared!! We would love to have anyone who is willing to miss a meal or the entire day's meals or send a good thought Lola's way! Please join us as we lift our voices and pray for a miracle and healing for our Lola.

Thank you again to everyone who has done so much for our family. I have no words to even describe the gratitude I feel for all those who have sacrificed for us and have sent us love and kind words. I could never in a million years have imagined we would be on the journey we are one...and know that when we need it most...we are often carried.

Lola's Momma and Daddy, Rachel and Jason

1 comment:

Cliff, Keri, Bode and Ryder said...

I am sorry that I do not read blog's often enough and I missed this event. I would have liked to participate. I think today, I will have my own little fast for Lola. Know we are praying for you!