Friday, December 12, 2008

bathroom update

I had decided our bathroom needed to be an obnoxious color...BLUE. But in order to get it the perfect blue without making the room look dark and cramped...I had to paint the ceiling and trim the brightest white possible. Which ended up being very cool cause I got to use my new favorite thing in the world...this Eco-friendly paint. I LOVE IT!!! No smell or toxins being leaked into our house. I can't wait to do the rest of the house with it. The colors are a bit more muted...but that seems to be exactly what I want.
I had to also primer the bathroom walls first...so much fun.






The first color I attempted...it made me want to run screaming...it was HORRIBLE!!! Luckily I only did the ENTIRE bathroom before I spent two days griping about how ugly it was. Home Depot was great, they took my paint and recolored it (for no charge!!!)
This color doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but trust me...it was frightening!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

emily said...

i know you're probably not, but you LOOK like you're having fun!
i wish i was there to help. i'd bring down my sister, the pro-painter, and we'd whip that sucker into shape!!!
miss you

JJ said...

Do you ever sleep? How many things can one fit into their life. Way to go sis! Love ya.

Christin said...

Love the blue. Now I know what color to paint MY downstairs bathroom. Thanks for the idea. (:

Christin