Tuesday, December 16, 2008

all the little checks on my to-do list

so...it's without pics...cause of course my mind was in total WORK mode...but last night was a great night for me. I accomplished everything I set out to acclomplish. I would have love to be able to do more...but I set realistic goals and man...did it feel good when my eyes finally allowed themselves to close at 100 am, to know it was done.

In the morning I put in a roast. This is quite the feat in the morning as normally anything other than a numby shower, slapping some eye make-up on and smoothing my ridiculous hair (sorry you inherited that lola!)...there isn't much more I can accomplish. Well...usually a total freak out and yelling. But that doesn't really count. I browned the meat, peeled the potatoes, seasoned, sauteed onions and put on low to simmer all day. Fabulous.

At night...I accomplished another new for me. I have the honor of being invited to my friend Mona's cookie party. The excitement alone of having a friend who invited me to her home where I would be introduced to her other friends was enough for me. But then the fear of what I was going to bring, took over. Now, I can cook. I can make a mean Eggplant Parmesan and Maple Ginger Salmon...but BAKING?! Umm...shit. So Ma Smith helped me locate a fabulous recipe originally prepared by my very own Aunt Janet and away I went. And I must say...I don't think I did half bad. But we'll have to see after tonites festivities.

I also cleaned the kitchen, the house, wrote Christmas cards, updated Lola's page, walked Eris (which by the way was insanely gorgeous! the glowing sky and christmas lights...too much!). I played with Lola, helped Kindred with a project.

It was a good night.

1 comment:

emily said...

i'm ridiculously jealous of all of your accomplishments! way to go woman!!