Monday, October 27, 2008

how much does a housekeeper cost?

I just spent the entire weekend...alone. Jason was gone for work, a very uncommon and untimely situation, but a good sign he was invited. Kindred had decided his friends house was way cooler than ours and spent the entire weekend there.

In years or months past this would have given me the exact thing I have been dying for. A chance to clean and organize and unpack and discover and GET 'ER DONE. This time, it gave me more time than any half-crazed woman should have alone. Not only did I not clean or unpack or organize...I sat numbly watching Lola destroy the house. It didn't even really occur to me that cleaning was something I should have done until my mom asked if she should come down so I wasn't alone. UMM...NO. I freaked as my eyes instantly flashed open and saw the disasture zone created around me.

Oh well...Lola had fun. She tore through more magazines than a coupon clipper. She found every nook and cranny of our newly purchased home. And then when that was done, she felt so sick and achy from her flu shot, all she wanted to do was snuggle and sleep. Naturally I fell right into her trap and there I laid as well.

I did get up at some point and push some piles around to make things look better. I'd love to find the focus to actually put things together. To fix the list of things that need fixed. Or even just have some motivation.

But for now...I'll settle for a cocktail and some good conversation with my newly arrived husband.

No comments: