Thursday, October 9, 2008

the first of many

I knew it was coming...but had pushed it back so far in my thoughts, that I had pretty much convinced myself it might not happen.

Today Lola's blood count had dropped below the level her doctors had set before she needs a transfusion. Tomorrow at 10 am Lola will be heading back to Primary Childrens where she will be getting her first blood transfusion since being released from the hospital. Based on what the doctors have told us, this will probably be the first of many visits back for transfusion, but something about the FIRST that puts my nerves on edge.

I was told the procedure would take about 4-6 hours as they still have to go at a very slow pace, and if all goe well, she will be able to come home with us. If her heart shows any sign of distress, or if there are any other complications, she will have to stay overnight for monitoring.

It's quite the adventure we are on.

2 comments:

Tarah Peacock said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you were expecting. Things will work out, I think our babies like to keep us on our toes. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow-love ya!

P.S . It was good seeing you today.

JJ said...

Good luck Lola, we love you and wish the best!