Friday, January 30, 2009

25 facts you probably never cared to know about me

I got "tagged" on Facebook a number of times to do this...and held off till last night when Lola finally headed into slumber land. It's a bit jumbled...or I guess random as it's intended to be. Fun to do and I intend to do one every month or so...see what other oddities I can come up with. Feel free to do one of your own and let me know so I can read up on your randoms.

1. Born and bred in the beautiful state of Wyoming.

2. I'm a cryer...it's terrible. The smallest of things will set me off and there is nothing I can do to control it. Worst part, my mother is a cryer too. If I cry, then she starts. Or if she's crying, then I start. Keep us separate when the Michelin baby comes on the tv or suffer the consequences.

3. As a child, when my little brother and I would go visit my dad, we'd have to take the Amtrak across Southern Wyoming. It was a thrill. It taught us independence and at the same time, that it's ok to need your baby brother.

4. Mornings are my worst enemy. I must have suffered some sort of emotional damage after going through years of early morning seminary, early early morning swim practice and a paper route on top of that! Now, it's like waking the dead... luckily Love and I have it worked out... he gets the morning shift with the kids and I get the night shift.

5. Heat puts me into a total panic and I can't gain control of myself. I'd rather be in the freezing cold that have it be the slightest amount of hot.

6. I met Love after spending months stalking him from afar. I'd have friends tell me about him (although I do believe someone had called "dibs" on him, luckily that didn't work out too well), my roommate would call and tell me when he was at her bar having drinks. There were a number of times we experienced close encounters, but never got to meet or hang out, until that one fateful night at The White Owl. "We have the same shoes" is now a common term in our household...but hey...it did the trick and won me over.

7. I learned how to drive a stick shift at the age of probably about 12 in the plains of southern Wyoming. Any time I get behind the wheel of a pickup truck, I can still here my Dad yelling "GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY CLUTCH!!!"

8. This early lesson on driving also had me convinced that some day I would become a famous Nascar driver and race with the best of them. I still find myself pretending that about every time I get on the freeway.

9. After realizing that it's a family trait to have extremely squinty eyes, I convinced my little brother there was something called "the squinty eye curse" and he had to be a certain age to find out what it was about. Years later when that birthday hit, he was begging to find out what it was all about. hahahaha...Jokes on you JJ!!!

10. I am not a fan of chocolate...it doesn't make me happy or feel better...in fact I'd rather avoid it all together. I'll make an exception if said chocolate is accompanied with some nuts or caramel or pretzels or all of the above.

11. I have a P-Touch label maker...and I'm not afraid to use it.

12. Over the years I have developed a slight obsession with how laundry is done, folded and put away. My closet is divided into types of clothing and then color coded. If you want us to remain friends, or in my husbands case, ever get lucky again, you'll leave the laundering to me if you can't do it *right. *right meaning, my way.

13. One of my favorite classes in high school was auto shop. This was the same class I purchases piping and then bent and made a new exhaust system for my rocking 1982 toyota tercel. Needless to say, I can change a tire and change the oil with no problem.

14. I had a major challenge with eating red meat...the kind of challenge that when ingested I would immediately get violently ill. It took some time and effort, but I finally got over it and had the pleasure of ordering my first steak on one of Jason and I's early dates.

15. Pictures make me extremely happy.

16. I grew up going to rodeos and riding horses with my Dad. I learned how to barrel race and wanted to be a real live cowgirl some day. I still dream of owning a horse and riding it over acres and acres of land.

17. Someday Jason and I would like to own acres and acres of land. Although we aren't quite sure how we'd do...we love to entertain the thought of someday living on a farm.

18. To help part of living on a farm come to reality, this spring I will be trying to turn half of our backyard into a full blown garden. My goal is to grow enough to become self-sustaining...produce wise.

19. I never dreamt in the world that I would want to be a stay at home mom...but now it's all I think about.

20. I'm the proud Momma of 4 angels I inherited and 1 angel I gestated.

21. I talk to my Momma almost every single day. If more than a day goes by, one of us ends up calling the other in an almost panic.

22. My life completely changed when I met Jason. I was a confused and complicated girl and he tamed me. We've experienced a lot together...the loss of a brother, a baby, a dad, a grandparent...and more good things than I can count...and through it all we were by each others side. Saturday we celebrate 5 years of marriage...and it's only the beginning.

23. By my choice, our house is cable/satelite/dish free. We have no channels. And I love it.

24. Checking the mail is one of the highlights of my day. I always love to see what surprises are waiting. On the flip side...I've become terrible at mailing items.

25. I'm a bookworm. I can sit and finish a book in one sitting and then start on the next. I can skip sleep (one of the only reasons) to finish a book. I LOVE the library...the smell, the sounds, you name it...I can spend hours wandering through the aisles.

1 comment:

Super B said...

That was so insightful. I am glad I got to read it.
Hey, random question...what color is your house decorated in? Do you have a specific style/theme? Just curious.
I hope you and your family are doing well. I was unable to Fast for Lola, because I am still breastfeeding, buy my prayers are with you!!