Thursday, May 8, 2008

word of the day

I love words. I love words that make people stop and think to themselves, that was the perfect word. I love words that are unique and explicit.

Lately I have found a new love. www.websters.com I only use it maybe 6 to 10 times a day. I'll use it when I know the definition but want to research it a bit more. I use it when a word comes my way I have heard before, and probably even used. I use it when I hear a word that stops me in my tracks as it has a complete foreign sound to me. The fun thing about websters.com is how is compiles definitions from many sources. So you get a conjogulation of ideas.

Oh yeah...I like to make up words too. It's fabulous. It makes my day in a way only similiar to a sunny day in the spring when there isn't a are in the world. I have been known to use words like Worster. Betterer. and many others I can't even attempt to remember.

So off I go to websters.com to see the real definitions of "brash" and "rabblerouser". Both words I am pretty sure I love the sound of.

1 comment:

They Call Me J. said...

Merriam Webster (www.m-w.com) does a word of the day that is sent directly to your email. It's fantastic. Been doing it for years.

Urban Dictionary does it too. But well that is just for laughs.

And still the favorite funny word.

Pooooooooop