I have to say I am shocked at the level of irresponsibility of some people. In the last few days, on numerous different occasions, have seen parents smoking with their kids in the car. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! It has taken all of my energy not to rear end them so they pull over so I can give them the "what are you thinking?" talk. I almost walked up to one lady who was sitting in her car smoking with her son and said..."what part of second hand smoke causes cancer don't you understand?"
seriously...we are not in 1956 anymore. It's no longer "cool" to smoke. Actual medical documents have come out and stated the dangers of smoking. It's 2008 people...get real. Give your kid a fighting chance!!!!
I've decided to go to my doctor and ask for some literature and brochures on the dangers of smoking and secondhand smoke and children so when I see this atrocity, I can educate these people. Wait...isn't it a LAW now that you can't smoke with kids in the car? (Cause we should need a law to teach people common sense)
sidenote: I once read that eating apples helps remove the damage done by second hand smoke. Having been a child exposed to second hand smoke, I am now an avid apple eater. Is it true? Will it really eliminate the damage? One can only hope and eat another apple.
As for these, for lack of a better word, idiots, be warned. I am pissed and on the look out and armed with a brochure.
4 comments:
Rachel,
Wow I can't believe how big your kids are. Crazy how we find each other. I'm dying to hear all about your family.
Christin
Rachel!! I agree with you 100%, but approaching someone about it with any kind of attitude will do nothing but make you look like a judgemental high horsed idiot Utah seems to be infested with. So be careful with that. And no, apples won't do anything but be better for you all around. Apples are great for everything, so don't quit eating them.
I heard the funniest add on the radio, it made me laugh. Check this website out for some good propaganda... http://www.dontpassgas.org/
I totally agree. Oh, the nerve and the stupidity!
Post a Comment