Saturday, February 14, 2009

not quite the day I had planned in my head...

Well...I made it...I am finished with my cleanse and I have to say...coming off the damn thing is WAAAYYY worse than being on it. I'm pretty sure I'd rather stick to my juice than even again attempt to eat food and face the wrath of a body who's stomach has shrunk to the size of a peanut and has no ability to stand food with any other than, well, lemon juice, maple syrup or cayenne pepper.

So needless to say, my Valentine's Lovey Dovey Day plans are capoot. Not only do I have the "don't EVEN think about giving me food" going on...I also have come down with a cold sent here from Satan himself. Not only do I have said cold, I also have an EAR INFECTION. You read that correctly. I honestly asked the doctor...what? Am I 6?! Luckily, no ear tubes for me, instead I got myself a pile of prescriptions that had I filled all of them, would have cost me over 80 bucks. FOR A COLD AND EAR INFECTION. No thanks...I'll deal with the sexy raspy voice and smokers cough through the weekend. WHILE I CONTINUE TO STARVE MYSELF.

Luckily the pharmacist was the super kindest lady ever and just looked at me and said...it's a sad day when you have to pick which prescription you can afford. I said...You must hear this a lot. She said...More than you can imagine. I'd rant about my thoughts on that...but I think I'll wait for another day when I am feeling my fiestiness at a full level.

Pretty sure Jason put it right when he said...you NEVER should have done that cleanse.

Or maybe he's just bitter cause I have no desire to run into the kitchen and whip him up some Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Lobster Tail or even Ramen Noodles. I am a bit disappointed I am not putting my fabulous new ramekins to work. I adore that Love knows me so well, he knew to get me items for the kitchen for a gift. And although I am probably the only person who'll fully admit to despising chocolate...I'm gonna try a new recipe of baked fudge...and just see what happens.

Pretty sure I'll have 3 smily chocolatey faces smiling back at me.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sorry you feel so icky! Ear infections suck. I hope you're 100% by the time we come to visit!

Oh and I totally have those ramekins. My husband gets me kitchen gifts all the time. Can't go wrong with that!