last week i took a trip to houston texas. it was a good trip full of business and presentations and meetings. a few weeks before i had decided to reach out and make a connection that i am pretty sure didn't really even exist.
i have family in houston. my dad's side. his brothers kids...my cousins...all live around there. Michelle, Laura and Keith. the last time i saw Michelle and Keith was in Montana about 20 or so years ago...none of us could remember exactly. Laura, I saw in August 2006 at my fathers funeral.
Unsure of what I was doing, I decided it would be fun to try to get together with them. There really wasn't much there to base our relationship off of. A few funny memories of a game of Uno and then off we all went on stories of our lives and where we had been and what we had all done.
What a blessing it was to be able to sit down and get to know them. There is something incredible about that concept of "family" that can bring people together who have very little in common and who have never had a chance to build a relationship. I only hope I get the chance to do that again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment