Thursday, April 16, 2009

giving so that others can live


Today is Blood Drive Day at the office. Sorta like Rex Manning Day, but without the silk shirt cladden has-been. So I guess it's not actually like it at all. But I can pretend, cause the office would be a waaay cooler place if we ran like a record store (minus the weird gambling/money loss situation...that would suck.)

All the same...it's a big day. One that has me emotional. Which isn't anything new, but has me thinking about the fact that what we are doing...as simple as it is...is SAVING LIVES.

I wish I could hug all the people who donated the blood that has kept our Lola with us. Who spent an hour sitting in a chair with a needle stuck in them in them of helping another. And they'll never know us or what they did...and we'll never know them.

So instead I am gonna hug each person in my office today. I bet they'll really like that. Cause I give good hugs.

Now go find a local blood drive and SAVE A LIFE. I'll hug you too...if you want.

2 comments:

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give-away!

-Jessie

Super B said...

I love to give blood. I used to do it A TON before I was pregnant and nursing. Although I did give it a few months back while still nursing. I just love that I can do it.
I have 0- blood. So, pretty much I am the perfect donor!!